Reel Ale Ceilidh Band
Traditional Scottish Ceilidh Dance Music
About Reel Ale Ceilidh Band's Music
Music Genre:Traditional Scottish ceilidh music
Area Covered: Based in Central Scotland, travel throughout Scotland
What Makes Reel Ale Ceilidh Band Special?
- A great range of ceilidh music
- Superb musicians who have many years experience
- Professional calling for the dances
The Reel Ale Ceilidh Band's members have many years of performing throughout Scotland, Europe and even the World. Marc Duff and Shaun Craig have both played in world renowned Capercaillie band, in past years including playing for events over the world. Alex Gowans (double bass) started out playing jazz around Glasgow as well as in a folk group whilst working in Germany. Elenor Macdonald has a great deal of experience in the folk club scence plus festivals including the "Marymass Folk Festival". Plus, she is an accomplished MC and ceilidh dance caller. Lorna Swan, the youngest band member, has performed in many of Scotland's top castle and hotels, as well as events in Europe and the USA.
Lorna can also performs solo Clarsach (Scottish harp) and fiddle for weddings and special events. Steve Sutcliffe is a well known accordionist and concertina player. He contributes a more tradition flavour to the ceilidh band sound. Whatever you have in mind for your special day the Reel Ale Ceilidh Band is sure to get you and your guests on the floor for a great night of entertainment.
Packages available for your wedding:
- A 3, 4 or 5 piece ceilidh band for evening entertainment that will make your wedding party want to get up and dance.
- A small ceilidh group playing sophisticated arrangements of traditional music to welcome your guests during your drinks reception or for playing during the meal.
- The Reel Ale Ceilidh Band can provide a combination of superb talented musicians including fiddle, clarsach, flutes, whistles, bouzouki, banjo, hammered dulcimer, guitar and double bass and bodrhan.
- Fine vocals will entertain your guests with traditional (and some more modern) songs.
- The Reel Ale Trio and the Reel Ale Ceilidh Band play all the well known dances and Elenor is an experienced caller should help be needed with the dance steps.
- Reel Ale provide and operate their own high quality up-to-date sound equipment.
- Whatever the venue they can be relied upon to do all they can to make the occasion enjoyable and memorable for all.
4 Piece Band:
Elenor Macdonald - Guitar, vocals and dance caller (and also plays hammered dulcimer) for non-ceilidh events)
Lorna Swan - Fiddle and clarsach
Alex Gowans - Double bass
Marc Duff - Flute and whistles, bodhran and bouzouki
Shaun Craig - Bass guitar
Steve Sutcliffe - Accordion and concertina
Use Our Booking Service
You can book the Reel Ale Ceilidh Band using our very easy to use Booking Service. We provide an agreement for each booking so there are no misunderstandings. You get the very best deal and you're completely covered should something go wrong before your event or on the day.
Plus, we're always here to talk to you 7 days a week. Just call us on 0141 291 5629 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.