What Makes the Joanie & Michael Garvin Band Special?
- Ceilidh or Concert Style to Suit your Event
- Beautiful Lyrical playing of Airs, Ballads and Laments
- Astonishing Concert Medleys at 'Mach2 with your Hair on Fire'
- Cracking Reels, Jigs, Strathspeys, Marches, Waltzes and Polkas to Dance to
- Ceilidh or Scottish Country Dance music
- Called Dances for Novices or to remind anyone who's forgotten a little
- Exciting Fiddle and Accordion Sound
- Faultless Playing Quite as Fine as a certain 'Phil and Ali'
- Scaleable Upwards to a Six-Piece for Every Size of Venue and Occasion
- Scottish Traditional, Ceilidh, Celtic, Irish, Cape Breton
Husband and wife team of Joanie and Michael Garvin
have been playing music together for years and their immaculate, sinuous and soulful music
has danced tens of thousands of feet and stunned delighted concert goers all over Scotland and overseas.
Michael, originally from the Isle of Barra
in the outer Hebrides, has been playing the accordion since his school days but is one of those musicians who never stop learning, who never feel they know it all, so now he is regarded by many to be one of the best accordionists in Scotland.
Joanie has been a brilliant fiddler from an very early age, being one of the founding members of the Celtic supergroup Capercaillie before meeting Michael.
Michael and Joanie's music expresses the soul
of the wild West Highlands and Coast, playing that's fluid and soulful, as synchronised as birds in flight and matching the mood of their audience whether for listening and dancing but when you hear the tempo goes up you'll be hard pressed to keep your feet still!